Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thankful

There are so many emotions  I get each and every day since we first met our daughters and have been home as a family. So many of our friends and family have asked how things are going, and I can honestly say they are wonderful. I LOVE having a big family. If you would have asked when we first got married if I wanted a lot of kids...I would have said 2 maybe 3 at the most. Now having four is amazing. I love to watch them all interact with each other in completely different ways. I love the things the boys have learned about adoption. Nicholas was so young when we adopted him that he doesn't remember much (although those that know him...he does remember some!). I hope we can teach them all about the needs of orphans and do our part as a family to help them, pray for them and educate others about them. I think of the 3 of them and thank God that he chose us down the path of adoption. I cannot imagine my life had we not been able to experience all that we have. Yes, it took many mountains to get the girls home, but I would go back and do it again in a heartbeat. My goal now is to do some fundraising for the orphans in the world and to educate others....will it lead us to another adoption? Only God knows that answer....for now we will continue to pray for those children to have a mommy and daddy to tuck them in bed every night and tell them that they are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment