Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Fun!!!

Well I had every intention to put pics on with this entry, but none of them are saved on the computer, all on the camera and that is with Steve in Chicago!!! Yes, he is in Chicago with Olivia, Nicholas, Katie, my inlaws and my nieces and Carter and I are home....sick :( Yes we are totally bummed, feeling better today, but we were both down and out yesterday. It sounds like they are having a great time....the zoo, Shed Aquarium, Navy Pier, and even an Ethiopian restaurant for the girls. Can't wait to hear all about it once they get home! Carter and I have had a good time hanging out together and watching old movies....The Karate Kid, Adventures in Babysitting, and even The Karate Kid 2.

We have been really busy doing lots of other fun stuff as well. We had a big fish fry with our neighbors and bff's the Cabell's...we called our party "The Crock's". It was a really good time with family and friends.

The kids are really enjoying their Summer...since Summer School has been out they have learned that sleeping in is awesome! I love it too!!! The alarm clock season will be here way too soon!!! :( I love being home with the kids....if only that money tree would start growing in our backyard......then maybe ;) we can all dream, right?

Olivia's English is getting better and better every day. She is telling us so much about her brother and sister back in Ethiopia and about her parents too. It is like we learn a new piece to her puzzle everyday.

Katie is doing really well too, she loves to try and keep u\p with Nicholas. She definately has a mind of her own! She starts preschool this Fall at St. Mark and is soooo excited. She got a new backpack with Tinkerbell on it, I think it is as big as she is! lol

Nicholas is having a fun Summer too. He loves to play outside and hang out with his buddy Evan. I still cannot believe he will be in first grade already.....it really seems like Steve and I were just in Russia bringing him home. He is talking a lot about his mom and dad in Russia. He wants so much to be able to talk to them like Olivia talks to her sister and family in Ethiopia. It breaks my heart how badly he wants this. I hope that maybe someday we can return to Russia to help him with this quest.

Carter would love if every day would be a summer day. He loves the carefree living of this time of year. His favorite thing has been going to the Morton pool....he is such a fish! I can still remember when he first took lessons at the pool and screamed so loud I think the whole town heard us because he didn't want to put his face in the water....it is amazing what lessons at Easter Seals can do for a kid!

Well we do still have a few weeks of summer left (thank goodness!) but before you know it I will be back getting my classroom ready and  we will be back at Walmart filling up our cart with school supplies. We will try and squeeze every last ounce of fun out of summer before the crazy fall schedule kicks in. Enjoy your days as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment